Thursday, August 15, 2013

What's In A Number?











...and counting.









I just want to take a minute and say...





     When I started this blog back in March of this year, I didn't really know where God was going to take it. I just knew that he was leading me to write about our Dacusville community.  I love where I live, I have lived here all of my life, and now I am raising my family here.  Through this blog, I have been given the oppourtunity to meet many great people of our community that I would have never been able to meet otherwise. I am blown away by the response that you all have given to the blog.  Thank you all for your encouraging words and prayer that you have given to me.  I look forward to meeting many more people from our community and hearing your stories. My prayer is that each person and their story touches your life, like it has mine.

     Only God knows where the blog will go in the future..."Anyone can count the seeds in an apple, but only God can count the number of apples in a seed." -Robert H. Schuller


     What is your definition of number?

    "The question is a challenging one because defining the abstract idea of number is extremely difficult. More than 2,500 years ago, the great number enthusiast Pythagoras described number as "the first principle, a thing which is undefined, incomprehensible, and having in itself all numbers."  Even today, we still struggle with the notion of what numbers mean."- Zero to Infinity:  A History of Numbers, Professor Edwards B. Burger, www.thegreatcourses.com.

     Here is a Biblical aspect of what numbers mean:
http://www.turnbacktogod.com/biblical-numbers-1-10/



"Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God, the Lord is one." -Deuteronomy 6:4
-1 Body
-1 Spirit
-1 Lord



Meaning: Difference; proves division or a separtion.  Through out the bible, we see the duality of the two things being opposite and at no times can these two things be both at the same time.
-light and darkness  -good and evil
-heaven and hell -saved and unsaved


Divine fullness or completion as in the Godhead.  "Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit."-Matthew 28:19
-Jonah in the belly of the fish, 3 days
-Jesus in the grave, 3 days
 -Jesus conquered sin, death, and the grave.

Source: Biblical Numbers:1-10, www.turnbacktogod.com.



It might be a struggle to define what numbers mean, but I know one thing...
You're 


Thanks for the 10,000 Hits!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog