Monday, August 19, 2013

Crazy Cat Lady

Photo by wallippo.com



     If you traveled to Turkey you would spot cats everywhere, "A predominantly Muslim society where cats are tolerated, even respected.  "If you kill a cat, you need to build a mosque to be forgiven by God."  As a result, wandering the streets of Istanbul you will see many small containers by the sides of building, and discreet food rations doled out by it's inhabitants." -Legal Nomads Why Are There So Many Cats in Istanbul? www.legalnomads.com

     I thought I was in Turkey last night, per request from the "Crazy Cat Lady",  I will not mention where I was.  I have driven past this place in Dacusville many times looking to see if she was there feeding the cats because I have heard about her and wanted to meet her. As I was driving by I looked and there they were, I would guess, because I didn't count them, that there were probably 10 cats just sitting around waiting.  I pulled over and waited too, and a few minutes later pulled beside me a tiny woman in a gray car.  I let her get out of her car and then I approached her as she was opening her trunk.  Inside her truck was the smell of cat food and as I looked I saw the lids off of large totes with, you guess it; cat food.

     I talked with her a while and found out she has been feeding these stray cats now for 5 years, every day faithfully. Then she told me everyone calls her the "Crazy Cat Lady". She asked that I not go into detail about what she does, or who she is because frankly she said, "I don't want people to drop off any more stray cats for me to feed."

     She wanted me to stress, please get your animals spayed and neutered.  She continued to talk about this and how important it was. I asked if I could pray with her and she said, "No, I have to go feed these cats."

     God says, "Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them."-Matthew 6:26  I guess he is using the "Crazy Cat Lady" to feed the cats in Dacusville.

     As Bob Barker would say, "Have your pets spayed and neutered."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog