Monday, July 8, 2013

Milestones

     Life has been defined as many things: a game, a gift, a gamble, a chance.  I say life is a path and along that path we place milestones.  

     The milestones we place gives us a chance to stop long enough to pause and create a memory.   All of us are at different places along the path of life but it seems that we have the same milestones, just different memories.  In 1995 my dad passed away on October 4th, and on October 11th I turned 21.  Turning 21 is a milestone that we place along our path, and  for many turning 21 is a good memory, but for me it was another day because I didn't celebrate it.

     Funny thing about the path of life is that we can't see where we are going, only where we have came from.  "Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
-Soren Kierkegaard.  We create our plans and our days, but do we really have control over our lives?  "In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps."
-Proverbs 16:9

   
      Dacusville is a special place with special people so I want to tell you about a special person in my life, her name is Taylor Hall and she is my daughter. 

      Taylor just turned 16 and this has been a hard milestone for me to see her hit.  It's hard to watch your children grow up because you know you have to start letting them go and since we can't see the path ahead let me share some special moments that is in her past.  When she was six we were walking through the yard and I said watch out for the spider webs and she told me, "Momma, I will walk through the spider webs for you."  When Taylor was about seven we were discussing what Jesus did for us, how he died and took the stripes across his back for you and me.  Taylor's younger sister was going to have to get a spanking and Taylor said, "Momma, I will take the spanking for her like Jesus done for us."  Taylor has always been someone who thinks of others above herself.  In school she's always made a point to be a friend to new students.  I've watched her take on challenges and come through a champion.

     Taylor you have reached 16 and I hope and pray that you have many more milestones to reach and in reaching those milestones my wish for you is, "this life becomes all that you want it to."- Rascal Flatts "My Wish"  

     ...and as you reach your milestones may they be as special as each one of you are!  

     
        
      
     

1 comment:

Search This Blog